So the other day Rachael Ray mentioned – the state of Colorado has the maximum beer brewed in all of the country. She also mentioned that at any given time Denver will have at least 50 more –different kinds of beer brewed than any other place.
-Her feature for good cheap brew in Denver was the Wynkoop Brewing Company – yes– I agree - a good brewery in lower downtown- maybe I should click a picture as I can see it from the window here. But Denver has many many such places- ( I think I should start doing a recommendations feature here somewhere)
-I got a closer look at the latest Contemporary Art Museum coming up in Denver yesterday- its David Adjaye's Baby - another young architect who every one's talking about these days. http://www.adjaye.com/ - if the Denver Art Museum by Libeskind was a step in the wrong direction ( by the way its popularly addressed here in Denver as DARTH-from star wars- thought that was funny) this one by Adjaye is surely one in the RIGHT direction. Having seen it now under construction cant wait to catch it and also see it glow from my window-when it opens this fall - in the last week of October.
So here are a few things you will surely hear in Denver :
- ' no one in Denver is from Denver - they move here and then they never move out - cos they love it'
' if the ocean was in Denver no one would like to live anywhere else in the world'
'it grows on you - so much that you don't want a second home ever'
'oh yes! i love it - I know my life has increased by 12 years than when I was living on the East Coast - so what if my skin becomes wrinkly'
'there's always something happening in Denver'
just giving you an insight of how Denverites think about the city.
Well - It is a great place to live, i love the pace( i dont know if i can deal with super-fast cities any more-maybe thats a whole new post) it is growing on me and I find my self selling it to everyone who visits me or I talk to - but I have yet not said any of the above - and I don't see myself saying that anytime in the near future! Not so sold yet!
Its great now -it is coming up - has a lot of potential- if the right moves are made , will be a city to look out for -but has a long way to go too in order to get 'THERE'!!!
Even though you hear all of the above mentioned in quotes often - a remarkable thing is that the people here are friendly - maybe,
there is smug but not in a snobbish way!
-Her feature for good cheap brew in Denver was the Wynkoop Brewing Company – yes– I agree - a good brewery in lower downtown- maybe I should click a picture as I can see it from the window here. But Denver has many many such places- ( I think I should start doing a recommendations feature here somewhere)
-I got a closer look at the latest Contemporary Art Museum coming up in Denver yesterday- its David Adjaye's Baby - another young architect who every one's talking about these days. http://www.adjaye.com/ - if the Denver Art Museum by Libeskind was a step in the wrong direction ( by the way its popularly addressed here in Denver as DARTH-from star wars- thought that was funny) this one by Adjaye is surely one in the RIGHT direction. Having seen it now under construction cant wait to catch it and also see it glow from my window-when it opens this fall - in the last week of October.
So here are a few things you will surely hear in Denver :
- ' no one in Denver is from Denver - they move here and then they never move out - cos they love it'
' if the ocean was in Denver no one would like to live anywhere else in the world'
'it grows on you - so much that you don't want a second home ever'
'oh yes! i love it - I know my life has increased by 12 years than when I was living on the East Coast - so what if my skin becomes wrinkly'
'there's always something happening in Denver'
just giving you an insight of how Denverites think about the city.
Well - It is a great place to live, i love the pace( i dont know if i can deal with super-fast cities any more-maybe thats a whole new post) it is growing on me and I find my self selling it to everyone who visits me or I talk to - but I have yet not said any of the above - and I don't see myself saying that anytime in the near future! Not so sold yet!
Its great now -it is coming up - has a lot of potential- if the right moves are made , will be a city to look out for -but has a long way to go too in order to get 'THERE'!!!
Even though you hear all of the above mentioned in quotes often - a remarkable thing is that the people here are friendly - maybe,
there is smug but not in a snobbish way!
2 comments:
i can't say any of these things about houston :)
oh well, we have the gulf and the restaurants
good food is always great chinaclay
Post a Comment