I love coffee but sometimes...especially early morning...
...the smell of fresh brewed coffee is more alluring than the taste of the actual coffee?
on a side note that brings us to how wonderful is the power of smell...
... makes wonderful memories...
... strong associations... to a person, to a place...
... rings in familiarity from the past...
... and sometimes even a means of associating identity with the unknown...
10 comments:
i feel so too about the coffee, cos our office stocks a brand ending in '...bucks' which tastes so yuck.
hehe - i hear u ...
... we used to have the same brand but since the past few months shifted to CODA coffee- they offer 'organic coffee' - to go with the 'green' theme like everything else in the office...
... its alright - not like an INK or anything.
Smell...i like the smell of first rain...
the thing with smells is that they can be freaky also...like the smell at a hospital or clinic....makes my hair stand!!!!!
hmmm Sonu I agree...
hmm... our office has a coffee grinder-cum-brewer from Cafe Coffee Day - and it sucks ! Incidentally, coffee at CCD itself is much better.
Really miss my daily coffee here. We have tea in the morning - and it is good. But tea doesn't have a lasting effect like coffee does - am pretty sure that the aroma has a part to play in that.
CCD - long time since I heard that... I think I liked barista better - i dont remember now though... CCD was surely cheaper and hence better!
maybe next time I visit India Ill bring you some coffee- which brand do you want? You can buy a coffee maker and brew your personal coffee every morning :)
nj and tea always makes me laugh. i never knew he drinks tea until few days before i left aa. every morning i only made it for jammy and i.
and how mean is that?????
Firstly...the aroma of coffee in the morning..is the very reason to wake up..:)
..and yes!..the power of smell does arouse very very strong associations of place, seasons, journeys, some distant memories...infact, Ive been thinking of blogging about it quite a sometime..
looking forward to that post from you maithili.
Post a Comment