Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday night gupshup with U

- Now that the Next Food Network Star Show is over with its finale last weekend the husband is having his way this evening with Sunday night baseball - little does he know that Next Iron Chef and ofcourse next season of Top Chef are going to premiere soon.

- While on the topic of Top Chef - is anyone else sad to see project runway go from Bravo -i think that new ' Fashion Show' sucks - the hosts, contestants and judges are all so bad. I think i read somewhere Project Runway is starting soon on Lifetime? Does anyone know when?

- Since I have pretty much given up on big banner Bollywood movies off late, Love Aaj Kal was a pleasant surprise. The story is good and well presented. the back and forth between yesterday and today seems seamless and nicely done. Love doesnt really follow any logic, decision making, discussion or any thoughtful process - its above all that!
Cast wise- Though this is a complete 'Shahrukh' role, I think Saif is good and convincing - in both the roles. I am so glad that Deepika Padukone plays the part of Meera and not Kareena Kapoor- she seems perfect for the 'practical' girl that she plays -and fresh too!

Off to dinner - the smell of our Kerala style ground and roasted coconut Chicken curry made yesterday is calling!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...they have been releasing sickly hindi movies. But I was gonna give Love Aaj Kal a try this week... just a gut feeling that this one might not suck.

Totally agree about not putting Kareena Kapoor... Jab We Met was on TV today, she is such a horrible actress. I was so turned off by her 'acting' in that movie, She is so loud these days!

Recently saw Don (new one) on TV, it was entertaining by itself. However, I love old Don and when compared to that one, I did not care much for all the stupid twists the new one had. We were supposed to feel for the stupid SRK, but we were left with nothing... its something like watching a whole movie and then in the end find out it was all just a dream of some guy.

komal said...

on TV did you say? in Michigan? did you get like dish net or something?

Unknown said...

This is a channel called IFC (Independent Films) which shows Indie movies and world movies. I just have preferred basic kinda package but not thru Comcast, thru some company called One World cable in Northville.

Unknown said...

So I havent seen Love Aaj Kal yet, and I already want to see another new Hindi movie !!! Kaminey - from the guy who made Blue Umbrella, Omkara... I usually watch 2 new Bollywood releases per year - I feel this year might be an above average year with 3 Idiots releasing end of this year.

komal said...

oh yeah - we are hoping to catch Kaminey soon too! the reviews are good. maybe you should watch that before love aaj kal - some people like the movie some dont - so I dont know where you are going to fall.

blue umbrella was such a sweet movie! I have always loved Ruskin Bond's little books and stories :)

what is 3 Idiots?

Unknown said...

Blue Umbrella was cute, and I even loved Makdee.

3 Idiots is loosely based on a novel Five Point Someone - about 3 guyz in IIT who have trouble coping up with the pressure of the education system - Aamir Khan movie.

komal said...

oh wow! have to see it too then :)

i liked makadee too - i remember I had taken my niece Ria for the movie - i was very scared for many scenes and she was laughing at me. haha