Friday, June 27, 2008

more random thoughts...

We complain about an energy crisis... and freeze ourselves to death in mechanically ventilated spaces all summer... you dress for the outside and keep freezing all day long in the thousand times more than needed, with hardly any personal thermal control capacity air-conditioned spaces...

.. .I am not a big fan of Stand -Up comedy... but Russell Peters is in town this week - so went for his show last night... All of his fans were thrilled because he didn't repeat any jokes and apparently they all walked out with their stomachs hurting due to the continuous laughter. I had fun - but on a scale of 1 to 10 - it was 6.5 /10 ( I am not very generous with points)

... Don't we always judge people... you are lying to a person's face if you say ' I never judge'... be it in the most subtle ways... one is always judging... dress, talk, actions, emotions, work, accents... anything and everything!!!

6 comments:

chinar said...

judging is essential cos that is one of the means to 'perceive' something. The q. is how fair are we in our judgements?

komal said...

fairness in terms of judgment is a relative term... a fair judgment in my eyes may be unfair in someone else's? ...

and yes -judging something in smaller proportions is often an account of how one perceives something...

p.s : as I was replying to your comment - i learnt something new... I am sure most people know this but I didn't - there are two correct spellings for the word Judgement.

Judgement being the British way
Judgment being the American!

chinar said...

so looks like you went with the US spelling :P

komal said...

no the twisted mind that I am I went with both spellings if you read carefully!!

NJ said...

Yes, we do judge others... It is very difficult to know whether we are fair, since we base our judgement on our knowledge (and perception)... I think another important aspect how the judgement affects our behavior (towards the said person or otherwise).

Unknown said...

Again... it is the perception of any person that we form in our mind :) ... wrong or right ...