Thursday, June 12, 2008

random thoughts...

---How often in a day do you look at yourself while walking by a glass partition or reflective store front window? Its ok to confess... I think I do it all the time I walk by one!

---Its no more about 'promise what you can deliver' its promise what you 'want' to deliver... because it seems like we are in a world where there aren't many ' cant dos'

---Every time I see little kids visiting their parents' offices... it takes me back to childhood... there are very few things as inspiring for a child than visiting a parents' workplace... be it humble - be it extravagant... its the perfect place in the eyes of the child!

7 comments:

adv said...

that last one is lovely :)

i remember the time i used to draw donuts on autocad r9 when i was 10, and though I didnt understand anything, was always fascinated by contraptions such as slide rules and 'triangles with amoebic holes in them' :P

Unknown said...

1. Every opportunity I get :)

Oh yeah... I just loved visiting my Dad's office and the receptionist would let me type using the typewritter... I used to love that :))

komal said...

:) good memories!!! I remember trying to draw with the 'rotring ink' pens - I had to get someone to pick me up and put me on one of the stools to get to the height of the drafting table...

... Z, I too remember being so excited about being allowed to use the type writer- it was more fun once the electronic one came in the office...

... it also meant a whole day of 'attention' strutting around in my best dress... and going down stairs to the monginis store in Akbarallys and buying pastries and puffs... I think the people who worked in my dads office also liked it when I came so that they got goodies on the house as well :)

... and with the advent of the PC- I have similar memories as you adv trying to use earlier versions of Autocad!

Rubaru...Roshani.... said...

Hey...mirror....always..though pretending not to care...hehehe....

promises...ur bang on when u say what we want to deliver..no wonder we are all sitting in our offices for 14 hours 16 hours et all...too much competition...also lack of knowledge of time management :( big problem with me :(:(

and my favorite :) i used to go to my grandads office...as i grew up with him....going to his office...siiting on his chair...those ones with big backs and which used to turn around fully and ringing the bell to tell the bell boy to bring u a coldrink...heheheheh...suddenly u were the boss....awesome feeling..

sorry my comment is really long :)

komal said...

long comments are GOOD :)

Ketaki said...

Are you Tauran?

komal said...

no - why?