Thursday, May 06, 2010

places that stick...

this post will have to be read in the filmi spirit of 'tera mujhse hain pehle ka nahta koi... yuhin nahi dil lubhata koi' 

It is fair to say that 'travel' finds a spot high up there in my list of interests... 

Time and again you visit that one place which just sticks with you - not exactly for its grandeur or places of interest - but more so for its vibe, energy, culture - that just clicks! In that spirit ... one such place for me is 'Amsterdam'.

Its been over a year since I saw you, also not that we have many things in common - and certainly not those aspects of yours that have made you infamous world over - but I love you dear Amsterdam - love your streets, your buildings,your sense of style, your food, design, culture and life! You are so eclectic! I miss you so and think about you for no reason at times- like, right now! 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bike-friendly...

Unknown said...

And my similar place is: Grand Canyon...
I feel like it calls me, it pulls me !! Each year I think about it. But there are so many other places to see... so I end up not going there again... I miss it so much. One of these days...

komal said...

nice :) Z- maybe you should consider getting married there...hehe... a friend of mine got married at the Grand Canyon...

Unknown said...

yeah i wish... (but just the logistics of everything says otherwise)...

komal said...

i know ya- just kidding

p.s - for fun - my friend who did that though did it as an 'eloping' thing - for no reason really -on one was opposed to them getting married or anything - just that they loved the GC and thought it would be cool to get married there - got a priest who would do that - left home saying trip with boy friend and came back married- parents were pretty shocked! hehe

Unknown said...

haha... I would involve our parents and sisters in our eloping :))