Thursday, November 09, 2006

on a tired day... i long for the sea!


after a long stressful work day you often long to go and relax by nature - for me it is the SEA - the water I really really long for. I was never a mountain person but living in colorado is quite an experience- comin across people who love their mountains- experiencing the pleasure of proximity to the mountains- and now with my new project even workin in the context of the mountains. As every other experience, no doubt I am enjoying all this too. but in the heart of all this lies a person who really really loves the sea - who wants to go after a tired working day and find solace in the sound of the waves- feel the sea-breeze and feel the salt on the skin.
- even to the extent of workin in the context of the sea
- to drive, walk along the sea

having grown up in bombay I took it for granted- but there are times now when I feel land locked -

I want to live where you can say the land ends or begins :)

addendum: the reason for this post: I feel like I dont understand the mountains _ I dont belong to them- I dont know them- I cant design for them- I feel disconnected from the context - I look for references and seem to understand the ones by the sea way better. Guess cos of my struggle with not being able to work with the mountain context comfortably I will never be able to find solace in them again - they intimidated me just cos of their intensity- now they do cos I cant even look through them and understand them. I feel horrible : context matters to me and I have to try hard to understand this one :(

3 comments:

CAR said...

This is mighty interesting. I have noticed this is many folks who come from coastal cities that they seem to have natural attraction to the sea while others from the cities inland on the western ghats find solace in the Mountains. I grew up in a city that offered mountain views throughout and have always been fascinated my mountains...
It could be also determined by the month you were born in...

komal said...

yes car - i have surely observed this too.

btw - i am born in the month of June- how does tht determine this?

thought tht was interesting :)

CAR said...

Most capricorns like mountains and coldness in the air. Leos/Geminis cant stand it...