Monday, November 23, 2009

an assorted p.m mind!

Holiday lights have adorned the street - its all pretty and shimmery outside! 
The red holiday cups have brought back the delicious Eggnog lattes! 
With that the need to work out more! 
Was too cold to go to the gym today - so just did  a 30 min Bollywood routine at home instead! The last quarter has been filled with traveling 
Sometimes I feel I would love a job that has primarily to do with travel - cultural interpretations - dining- wining - the whole package! 
Something like Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations - not just about food though - its always about the holistic experience in my realm!!!
 Not the Rachel Ray/ Andrew Zimmern type of show - the biatch in me cannot be that sweet all the time - there are somethings (ok many things!) that I don't like and I am very vocal about it! I don't dislike them - but they just seem to like everything they see, experience and eat! 
 I'll go for Anthony Bourdain - like how he is MEAN and TRUTHFUL!!! 

Certainly not a show like Guy Fieri- I like his show - but the amount of red meat he has to eat ! or let alone be exposed too - too unhealthy for the eyes, let alone the stomach! 
Aspen was gorgeous - was a relaxing- indulgent weekend! 
Phoenix was such a let down - one of the fastest growing cities in America????
Sprawling paradise it is if you ask me
Ironically I went there for Greenbuild - was good but not great- was hoping to come back much more inspired! 
For those unfamiliar - Greenbuild is an international conference on Sustainability - involves issues related to the topic in the built environment - buildings, cities, engineering, policies etc and everything that goes with it!
Oh - thanks to that though I got to hear Al Gore live ( second time now!) and attend a Sheryl Crow concert! 
The year end is close-  holidays even closer
Beginning to feel the pinch - so much to do! so little time!!! 
thats ALWAYS the STORY! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha... that is my wish/dream job too.. one where I get to travel a lot and see different places.

KP said...

Sheryl Crowe!!!...love her... have heard just 3 songs by her...guess i will get more of her songs

i was looking to start hearing something new...