Did you watch project runway?
I followed the entire 3rd season... haha!!!
and surely all throughout there was tons of drama et all. My favorite all along was Michael. But his last collection was surely disappointing.
Ooli(I don't care if I spelt it wrong) was really impressive- I loved her collection- it was cohesive, intense, distinctly styled and something anyone can think of wearing.
Laura - was boring! and old!!! ( expected from a 42 yr old architect? I hope not!)
Jeff- was obviously going to win - especially after the whole drama they created about almost throwing him out- if you followed the show all the way you would know how there existed this whole 'hate him' thing - and makin him cry the ultimate episode was part of the game to help us build some sympathy towards him. but no doubt his collection was great - I liked his designs all along just because they were 'creative' in the sense that you would least expect. He always tried something that was not the norm and least expected.
well I will miss watchin project runway every wednesday at 8pm - but I am goin to try and follow :top chef (with our very own Indian host infact - 'padmalakshmi' - u might have spotted her on page 3 - mumbai times sometime with mr. rashdie!!!) hope i learn some interesting recipes :)
now for my confession: if you have grown up anywhere near mumbai you must have surely gone through the phase of what to do after class 12th- well it was obvious that I would take up a career in architecture but somewhere deep down I wanted to pursue fashion- I even looked up courses at NIFT:) . however today thanks to a stupid tv show I know that I wouldn't have been good at it. reason: I am not questioning my design abilities or taste at all : the fact of the matter is I am a horrible craftsperson- no patience or meticulousness what so ever - wonder how I would make those clothes ever (that is probably why I almost avoided making physical models in undergrad - but thanks to technology in grad school that wasn't an issue)
-if you consider architecture as an art form at all- it would probably be one of those art forms where the artist need not be the one who executes the art
-is there a concept of male models in this country at all?- the runway is almost considered to be a 'for the woman' thing here- thank god it wasn't that way in India- we would not have a milind soman then( and I would never bump into him in the Xavier's lane)
- finally this post is goin to be one of those which I will never go back and read - and also try to forget easily :) but I am still putting it up.
3 comments:
didnt know the fashion story...! anyways i think t would have been interesting, there would be so many more janet jacksons/lindsay lohans/ nina manuels
:P
(no disrespect intended to the above ppl...)
i didnt get tht :(
u say ur not too 'crafty', so id imagine there would be many wardfrobe malfunctions :P
Post a Comment