Today was the spring fest in the north campus diag… luckily for me I could go have fun without the guilt of work on my head cos I got done with one more final presentation…so now I am officially two courses down for this semester with two more to go… One paper due on the 26th and then design presentation on the 28th….
So what was spring fest?
Well I think it was way lesser than what I expected it to be …but then what the hell...when u r with ur friends and the weather is closest to perfect its SO MUCH FUN… so there was the sun…shining at its best ever that I have seen in Ann Arbor…there was some free food n Thai ice tea(its this really yum orange colored drink which I really like)…some Hawaiian garlands… some games…some lazing around on the grass… n a great bunch of friends!!! Harry has clicked some pics…
(I think the winter fest n arch socials in the archi. building are richer in their content… but that’s just my personal opinion and I am sure most people who read this blog will surely disagree or chose to by default) a simple example: so i am in the middle of my history class right now n we have this thing of serving food in the middle of the class.. nwhats the menu today? wine n cheese, cookies, pita n dip n carrots... the food that was served at the 'spring fest'? - hotdogs ...well i ain't complaining... we r just lucky that the architecture school is one of the few schools on campus(i dunno if the only one) where alcohol is served all the time.. works for me!!!
that was about a couple of hours of fun after which all of us got back to our respective schedules n to work!!!
One more thing… I just discovered today after 9 months ( the number is purely coincidental) here in the North Campus that there is a lovely water body in the music school just across the road from the architecture building!!!
Guess the weather never let me wander ever!
4 comments:
yes, the spring fest is in no way a big thing, but I guess ppl were excited about spring fest because it signifies the end of classes (and the beginning of spring/summer).
And it sound like ur dept defn has a lot of dough(i mean alcohol with every meal is certainly something).
i dont know if they have the dough... but i hope they use it rather for some useful purposes if they do than feedin us lavishly each time.
btw thanks for the link.. i bought the sd card...
hi komal madam....long time no news...so spring fest eh??...nice...ya...the weather has finally gained sanity...it feels amazing here in new haven too...and yes...they do serve us wine and cheese...but that happans only during reviews and every mon and thu afetr the visiting lecture...PS: we get salmon and heur douvres too...u know...hamara thoda extra stylogiri hai!!;)
eh mayur...aise mat bol!!! :)... anyway ya long time... so i was jsut thinking of u yest when i was tellin some friends here abt the " scoopy sam" stories... do u rememebr all those mails?
Post a Comment